Victoria Real Estate Board Call for Charities
Victoria area REALTORS® are committed to good citizenship. Through the Board’s Community Donations Program, Realtors contribute to the well-being of the communities where they live and work.
The Victoria Real Estate Board collects a sum for community donations each year, and looks for requests from the community to support organizations that help make the Victoria area a better place for all residents. The Board’s Community Relations Committee reviews applications and chooses a charity to support financially and if appropriate, with volunteers.
Previous recipients include HeroWork and Habitat for Humanity Victoria.
Criteria for Support
Priority is given to organizations that focus on the following areas:
• providing housing opportunities
• preserving the environment
• protecting property owners
• encouraging a better quality of life
To be considered, organizations must:
• have an active and responsible membership serving without compensation
• provide benefit to the community
• include no payment of commissions for fundraisers, no inappropriate use of monies, and no mailing of unordered tickets
• ensure that a substantial percentage of the funds provided will be allocated for the stated purpose
• ensure that the support provided falls within the Victoria Real Estate Board’s trading area
Please note that the Board does not provide support to:
• organizations with political affiliations
Find the online application here. Please share the link to any appropriate organization in the Greater Victoria area.
Closing date for applications is January 31, 2016. Please contact email@example.com with any questions before the deadline.